Saturday, September 7, 2013

Alright, back to posting...

It has been quite a while since I posted anything on here. Forgive me if my grammer/writing is a bit off, I am rather tired at the moment, but I want to get this post out ASAP. Also, since this is a more formal post, I won't run it through the ol' spelling and grammar check. On a side note, one thing I plan on improving on by the end of the year is double checking my work. I've noticed a lot of my mistakes usually come down to me not doing that... Granted, I'm not a grammar Nazi (though I can be a spelling one) so meh.

The intention for me for starting this particular blog always was to post on a regular basis and I hate that I had to break away from that. A few personal things came up, I'd rather not mention them here obviously, and so I was kept away from the blogosphere for some time. I would like to forget about all that, and talk about my plan moving forward.

The "Cupcakes" riff that I was sooooooo subtle about hinting about (wasn't I, WASN'T I!?) is on hold for now. I feel out of contact with my partner when I wished to resume work on it (I still hate that I deleted our original draft... So embarrassing) and seeing how it is a pasta based on a show I only know marginally about (I know it has a pony crew called the Mane 6 and I know about Discord, that's about it) I will not resume it until I actually watch the show or I can find a new partner.

Still, that was already the thing I had planned to use as a decent comeback for being away for so long. Since I have been away even longer now, that means I must make a bigger comeback. That brings me to this...

Photo credit to: DingoWalleyStudios on Newgrounds

...Yeah.

I will go ahead and say right now, this is one of the pastas that I thought I would never riff when I started this site and it isn't because it's good. It's OK at best. Want to know what else it is? Long. REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long. If I'm doing this, I'm doing the whole freakin' saga too. To be fair, it was not meant to be read in one sitting, but that is how I do most of my riffs. I read it once (thankfully, in regards to the first 3 parts of this story, I have already done that), then go back and do the riff in the next sitting. This BEAST needs a different approach.

My plan for now is that I will riff however much I can handle in one sitting, as I am going to assume that me, you, and the rest of my readers have the same pain tolerance, and basically make it a MASSIVE multiparter. In between each of the different saga parts, I will take a break and do an unrelated pasta before picking back up with the saga, to give me self a break.

You know, even though I'm dreading it, I guess I should look on the bright side. They do say, after all, that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I don't know if the source was thinking of an apple quite like Appy when saying that, but you never know.

Feel free to tell me that joke was lame by the way, and also feel free to give me any suggestions for the format. I will also say that I might take the chance to experiment with a live reading format or whatever other format comes into my mind to try and keep things fresh.

That's all for now, I'll start Monday. No post planned for Sunday. If I find a quickie, I'll riff it, but that's about the only way I'll post tomorrow. See you next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment